An opportunity to lead this iconic Australian charity in the Northern Territory where uniquely, all the funds raised by Cancer Council NT, stay in the NT to support Territorians whose lives are affected by cancer.
A member of Cancer Council Australia, Cancer Council NT delivers services from three regional centres in Darwin, Alice Springs and Katherine. These services encompass advocacy, prevention programs and a range of support services.
The role and responsibilities
An experienced people leader, you have a genuine interest in working with communities to improve their health outcomes and advocating on their behalf. Your key responsibilities are to:
- Work closely with the board to shape and implement the new strategic plan
- Maintain, support and grow the committed volunteer network and patient centered culture
- Lead the organisation through advocacy, sector development, networking and promotion of specialist services by engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders including NT government, cancer researchers, healthcare professionals, the indigenous and broader community
- Increase the visibility, awareness and relevancy of the Cancer Council NT brand and at the same time identify fundraising opportunities
- Stewardship of all business functions including Finance, HR & People Leadership, Compliance, Business Systems, Risk & WHS
You are a well-developed professional with a demonstrated understanding of organisational growth and cultural change; team leadership; support services and NFP governance. In particular, you will demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in health, community services or business management.
- Strong governance capability and demonstrated experience working with a board.
- Demonstrated operational and leadership experience as a CEO or senior executive with strong
- leadership skills, the ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring people together
- Business and financial acumen with a good understanding of NFP governance
- Ability to build trusted relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Innovation, with practical insight into how to ensure the delivery of quality service offerings
- Ability to travel and attend events out of hours
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
This role is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is looking to work for a well-established organisation where they will be supported by the Board to achieve sustainable growth.
The role is based in Darwin, NT
To request a full position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on 19 August 2018.
To submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and reason for application, please email Liska Turner at email@example.com. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been engaged by Cancer Council NT to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for Profit sector. Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org