ASHM is seeking an experienced CEO who, in consultation with the Board, will be responsible for implementing ASHM’s strategy. Whilst a background in the not for profit sector is advantageous the ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
ASHM is the peak organisation of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand who work in HIV, viral hepatitis, blood-borne viruses and other sexually transmissible infections. ASHM’s mission is to provide leadership in this field through advocacy, policy direction, collaboration, direct action and workforce capacity building. It is a professional, member-based company limited by guarantee and is a registered Australian charity.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is the public face of ASHM and responsible for the effective management and leadership of ASHM. The CEO plays a major role in nurturing and sustaining ASHM’s relationships with external stakeholders, including federal and state government, members, community organisations, healthcare workers. The key responsibilities include:
Strategy & Planning
- Build a strong and professional relationship with ASHM’s Board and ensure it has access to informative and timely financial and non-financial reporting.
- Develop ASHM’s annual business and strategic plan documents and implement the Board approved plans.
- Foster effective relationships with all stakeholders, including, federal and state government agencies, ASHM members and community representative groups.
- Negotiate on behalf of ASHM across a range of issues including funding contracts, sector relationships, partnerships and collaborations, policy development and advocacy.
- Develop ASHM’s member base and build trusting relationships with the membership.
- Participate in and present at seminars, forums and conferences that raise the profile of ASHM and contribute to the understanding of HIV, viral hepatitis, blood-borne viruses and other sexually transmissible infections.
- Maintain and enhance existing funding arrangements and conference program and drive funding initiatives into new areas of business development.
- Ensure the effective financial and compliance management of the organisation, including any reporting to funding bodies and the board.
- Demonstrated operational and leadership experience as a CEO or senior executive. Knowledge of the HIV, blood borne virus, viral hepatitis and sexual health sectors will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in community services, health, business or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- High level leadership and management skills and demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
- Working knowledge and experience in the management of finance operations and other key business support functions such as HR, IT and Marketing.
- Demonstrated understanding of collaborative policy development and promulgation
- Demonstrated high level communication and negotiation skills, particularly as they relate to funding bodies, negotiating and managing funding contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a Board or similar
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of the role of advocacy and the ability to undertake this role as required for members and the sector as a whole. This also involves experience in liaison with the media, writing briefs and papers for public dissemination and presenting at conferences.
- Ability to travel. Frequent interstate travel and occasional overseas travel.
- Current national police clearance certificate
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the Essential Skills and Criteria.
Applications close 15 April 2018.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.