For approximately 40 years, Sands has been delivering emotional support services, providing information to families and the wider community, training and educating healthcare professionals to deliver excellent bereavement care and promoting awareness of miscarriage, stillbirth and newborn death.
Sands has successfully completed a unification process and from August 2018 will operate as a national organisation with the head office located in Melbourne. The board are looking to appoint a CEO to lead Sands to:
- Maintain and support the Sands grassroots culture
- Increase the visibility and awareness of the Sands brand
- Grow the organisation’s reach and scope of services
- Scale up operations and invest in our local grass roots activities and committed volunteer network
- Engage with healthcare professionals and other professions to improve the care and support bereaved parents receive
- Increase fundraising opportunities
- Exceptional leadership, vision and drive to create and implement the organisation’s future growth strategy ideally in social support services organisations;
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring people together
- Business and financial acumen with a good understanding of NFP governance
- Ability to build trusted relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Innovation, with practical insight into how to ensure the delivery of quality service offerings
- Ability to understand the complex journey grieving parents undertake when they experience the death of a baby
- Ability to travel and attend events out of hours
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia
We are excited to hear from you about this opportunity and look forward to receiving your CV and a response to the essential criteria.
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at email@example.com or for a confidential discussion please call her on 02 9279 2777.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the Essential Skills and Criteria.
Applications close 18 July 2018.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.