- Manage and oversee a large team of talented, campaign marketers working across some of Australia’s most-loved fundraising campaigns and events
- Work with an outstanding, passionate and collaborative leadership and management team based in Woolloomooloo
- 6 month maximum term contract (maternity leave)
About the Organisation:
The mission of Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is to lead, empower and mobilise the community to beat cancer. CCNSW’s key strategic priorities are research, prevention, information and support, advocacy and fundraising.
Celebrating over 60 years of growth, achievement and commitment to beating cancer, CCNSW is the largest cancer charity in NSW and its point of difference is that it works across all stages of the cancer journey from research and prevention to end of life.
The Campaigns Unit is part of the Marketing and Fundraising Division. It is responsible for developing strategy and planning, implementing and managing CCNSW's campaigns portfolio to achieve agreed income and public relations outcomes. These campaigns include Daffodil Day, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, Pink Ribbon Portfolio, Girls Night In, The March Charge, Do it for Cancer and Relay for Life which collectively raise over $21m each year.
We are currently seeking an exceptional leader with large-scale, multi-channel campaign / marketing expertise who will oversee the development, delivery and execution of CCNSW’s campaigns portfolio. With a team of 6 x Campaign Managers and a team of 18 within the unit overall, the position reports to the Director, Marketing and Fundraising and is responsible for the day-to-day management and support of the campaigns team in line with CCNSW’s overarching marketing and fundraising strategy. The role is highly influential in assisting with national strategies and execution as well as cross-functional stakeholder engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support, develop and lead a high performing team, underpinned by an ongoing focus on performance and professional development
- Provide strategic management, leadership and support to the Campaigns Unit’s Campaign Managers and wider campaigns team to successfully implement campaign initiatives and ensure all campaigns are delivered on brand, on strategy, on time and on budget
- Work closely with Cancer Council Australia and other Cancer Council states and territories to execute national campaign strategies, national efficiencies, and national fundraising best practice as it relates to campaigns
- Manage and track budgets and forecasts, ensuring that the Director, Marketing and Fundraising and relevant stakeholders are kept abreast of identified issues and/or challenges in a timely manner
- Lead the partnership with Community Engagement and Program Delivery to ensure effective campaign delivery and ensure together that fundraising targets are achieved
- Manage the internal relationship with the Events Administration Centre to ensure effective campaign administration
- Work alongside the Marketing and Fundraising Leadership Team to develop a supporter centric retention and acquisition strategy that improves supporter loyalty and engagement to maximise net revenue
- An exceptional leader of people, you are passionate about inspiring, supporting and developing your team to achieve personal and professional success with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated success managing large-scale, multi-channel, complex marketing campaigns with a focus on ROI and expertise working in a cross-functional, high volume and fast-paced environment
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, such as business and/or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically with a high degree of numeracy and financial accountability as well as an understanding of key metrics to drive operations and income objectives
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and build rapport to facilitate trusting and credible relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, maturity, initiative, and diplomacy
Submit your interest online without delay or for more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911 (Tues / Thurs / Friday)