ParaQuad NSW supports the needs of people living with spinal cord injury (SCI) and provides a range of services, supports and resources to enable people living with SCI to remain active in their communities and achieve their life goals.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Transformation Manager works closely with the Leadership Team to manage projects from submission, through the approval process, implementation and post evaluation. The role is also responsible for supporting Managers in the identification of relevant projects, business case development, training and cultural change associated with the project as necessary.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Review proposed projects prior to submission to the Leadership Team to ensure the project is in line with strategic direction and make recommendations to the leadership team
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional Managers and assist them to prepare a project business case including identification of the impact on policies, procedures, cultural change and infrastructure if the project is implemented
- Work with management to periodically review operations and processes to identify opportunities for improvement including assessing whether critical operational systems are used effectively and meet the department's and wider organisational needs
- Act as Project Manager for approved projects including leading Project Team members (both internal and external) in the implementation of projects.
- Develop Project Plans that identify and document deliverables, responsibilities, timeframe for execution inclusive of training, cultural change requirements and monthly reports
- Determine training needs in conjunction with relevant Managers and co-ordinate and deliver as appropriate the necessary training throughout the life of a Project
- Conduct and report to the Leadership Team a post evaluation review of all implemented projects within 6-12 months of implementation or as necessary
- At least 5 years’ project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide and coach project team members
- Experience in fostering effective relationships with both external and internal stakeholders with a strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to assess and communicate the impact of change and to coordinate training required
- Demonstrated high level of negotiation, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance commercial needs with social objectives
- Strong MS Office skills
- Previous work in either the not-for-profit or healthcare sector
- Sound understanding of medium size IT infrastructure environments and previous exposure to ERP systems and experience in managing integrated IT solutions
- Formal qualifications in project management
To apply please send your application including a resume and covering letter addressing the Essential and Desirable Criteria to email@example.com or contact Liska Turner on 02 9279 2777
The application deadline is Sunday 2 December 2018 5pm (Sydney time). Please note that applications will be assessed as they are received.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.