- Business Development Officer – Education, Events & Membership
- Bondi Junction & Work from home
The Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals Australia (SOCAP) is a member-based not-for-profit organisation who make a real difference to their industry by advocating, encouraging and support excellence amongst professionals working in the fields of complaint handling, dispute resolution and customer service.
They provide their members with training, events, accreditation, networking and professional development.
SOCAP are recruiting a new role as the Business Development Officer to join their small, collaborative and supportive team based in Bondi Junction. This role will work in close conjunction with the CEO to execute SOCAP’s growth targets.
As the Business Development Officer, you will foster ongoing successful relationships with members and clients to promote and market SOCAP’s services and offerings including membership, education, workshops, consultancy, and events. This role will also see you research, explore, develop and drive new potential market opportunities to expand SOCAP’s audience reach.
In this role, you will be proactive to identify new sale opportunities, draft and prepare proposals/templates for bespoke education packages and consultancy services and negotiate and close deals through a partnership and consultative approach.
This is a great opportunity if you want to be mentored and learn about business, strategy and operations as you will work closely and in collaboration with the CEO.
It will suit someone who takes initiative, is passionate and confident, but also demonstrates resilience. You will need to demonstrate the ability to build and grow strong stakeholder relationships, and competent to work autonomously. This person must be driven on results and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be able to successfully manage the delivery of multiple deadlines.
- Proactively sell SOCAP’s membership, education and consultancy services and products
- Leveraging existing client relationships to maintain a high level of retention through consistent value proposition
- Prospecting new clients & service to meet business growth goals
- Providing accurate and timely reports on sales and engagement activities and outcomes
- Responding to sales enquiries by email, telephone, and personal visits
- Inbound and outbound sales to promote education and consultancy services
- Maintaining accurate membership records for database integrity
To be successful, you will:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and management skills
- Strong sales background and exposure working in KPI driven environment
- Be self-motivated, proactive, highly organised and work to multiple deadlines and KPIs
- Previous experience in a customer service, sales, account management or engagement role and/or experience within a membership association or NFP
- Have an outgoing personality with a resilient & can do attitude
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.