Business Development Manager (VIC)
Business Development Manager required for innovative charity, based in Melbourne.
Are you an experienced Business Development professional looking for your next step? Do you love modern technology? Exciting opportunity for rapidly growing innovative charity, newly created independent role based in Melbourne.
Full Job Description
- Melbourne Location
- Flexible and autonomous role, unique opportunity
- Full time 12-month contract (would consider part time for the right person)
Good360 is a matchmaker helping to re-purpose items of value by directing them to the Australians who need them most. Good360 provides over 800 Australian charities with free brand-new goods, delivered to their door! Goods are donated by businesses including BIG W, L'Oréal, Winc (formerly Staples), LEGO and LUSH. Good360 connects surplus with need.
Good360 innovate, boasting a sophisticated model, they are leading the way in Not-for-Profit sector and growing rapidly.
Reporting to the Founder/Managing Director based in Sydney, the Business Development Manager is a newly created role and is responsible for expanding Good360’s operations into Victoria while maintaining and further activating current relationships.
This is not your average Business Development Manager role, Good360 is a fast paced and innovative organisation, and this is a great opportunity for a highly committed, experienced and energetic leader to work flexibly and independently in an exciting and fulfilling role that is changing the lives of Australians in need. The Business Development Manager will be comfortable working from their home as well as travelling within the Melbourne region and occasionally to Sydney.
- Develop new and maintain current strategic partnerships including corporate product donors, charities/schools and philanthropic donors.
- Build Good360’s profile to raise awareness across two-sided marketplace – business donors and Not-for-Profit/eligible school recipients.
- Assist the NSW Head Office team in implementation of new distribution program, first of its kind in Australia!
- Identify fundraising opportunities and work collaboratively with NSW Head Office for proposals and applications.
- Advocate for Good360 and develop relationships with Victorian Government agencies to expand awareness and utilisation of Good360’s services.
- Expand membership base relationships for mutual benefit whilst working to revenue targets.
- Represent Good360 in Victoria at forums, presentations and conferences.
- Relevant proven experience in a similar BDM/relationship sales/fundraising role.
- Track record of acquiring, retaining and growing partnerships.
- Ability to network and develop strong mutually beneficial relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence to speak in public and deal with government agencies, corporates, schools and not-for-profits and philanthropic organisations.
- An established local network of contacts across target markets of retailers, not-for-profits, schools and philanthropy in Victoria.
- Demonstrated online and digital communication literacy skills including proficiency in office software. Comfortable learning new platforms e.g. Magneto, Slack, Confluence, Jira and Netsuite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated and independent manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and innovate, design and implement strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritise.
- Creative flair for developing innovative partnerships concepts.
- Team player and collaborative approach.
This is a really exciting time to join a very forward thinking and determined Charity. If you're looking for a role that will offer you an opportunity to work autonomously for their program and grow in an expanding team that offers excellent work life balance, don't delay!
The weekly hours are flexible (to be agreed with management and yourself), and a great opportunity to work from home!
The team are sociable, fun and extremely hardworking. They are passionate and driven, so that they can continue to grow and deliver the much-needed services they provide across Australia!
If you exude warmth, possess the highest standards of professionalism and are passionate about developing truly engaging business partnerships with a genuine interest in making a difference, we want to hear from you!
Please "apply now" by sending a covering letter addressing the above skills & attributes and an up to date resume to Christina@beaumontpeople.com.au
If you require further information please call Christina Enotiades on 02 9279 2777.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis