This leading children’s charity seeks experienced Brand and Communications Manager working to deliver outstanding brand and communications based in St Leonard’s.
- Based in St. Leonard's, Sydney
- Outstanding opportunity to join a passionate and ambitious children’s charity
- Full time permanent position
- Parking on site
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Opportunity to manage small Marketing and Communications team.
Variety - the Children’s Charity is a national not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs. Our vision is for all children to attain their full potential, regardless of ability or background – put simply, we believe that all kids deserve a fair go. Our Values of Equality, Community, Action and Joy are fully embedded into every aspect of the organisation.
Established in Australia nearly 40 years ago, with the support of our wonderful community, we’ve helped enrich the lives of tens of thousands of children in need.
We love having a team that reflects the diverse nature of the children we serve; and we want to celebrate the fact that what makes us different makes us stronger. If this speaks to you personally, we encourage you to apply.
Variety's Brand and Communications Manager is a pivotal role within Variety NSW/ACT and will be responsible for delivering brand and communications to support the growth and success of the organisation.
The role of Brand and Communications Manager reports to the Head of Community Engagement and works closely with internal and external stakeholders to oversee brand, campaigns, and communications designed to actively drive engagement, brand awareness and increase funds to support Variety’s work for kids.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual with demonstrated experience in leading brand and communications looking to manage a small high performing team and make a real difference in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Manage Variety brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across the organisation
- Oversee the design and production of printed collateral and branded merchandise
- Manage a small team of 3 to deliver results
- Manage relationships, briefing and projects with partner agencies
- Develop and implement the annual communications plan
- Manage annual PR plan to achieve high reach/value media coverage and respond to adhoc opportunities
- Write copy for printed collateral, newsletter, websites, EDMs, advertising, social media and PR
- Support success of Variety motoring events (including the Variety Bash) through acquisition campaigns and media coverage, and increase awareness of and applications for the services and support that Variety provides to kids in need
- Manage the design and production of Variety collateral and merchandise
- Manage Marketing team with a focus on high level productivity and quality of output.
Your Skills & Attributes
- Passion for making a difference to Aussie kids and their families
- Tertiary degree in relevant discipline and/or relevant equivalent work experience
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience in writing for a wide range of audiences
- Good knowledge of marketing principles including brand management
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Proven success and experience in a similar management role leading small team
- Solid knowledge of digital channels and strong project management skills
- Highly professional and articulate, with a genuine passion for the organisation
- Ability to work under tight deadlines on high profile and results-orientated tasks
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis
The team are sociable, fun and extremely hardworking. They are passionate and driven to achieve results, so that they can continue to grow and deliver the much needed services they provide to Australian children.
If you exude warmth, possess the highest standards of professionalism and are passionate about making difference to Australian children and families, we want to hear from you!
Please "apply now" by sending a covering letter addressing the above skills & attributes and an up to date resume to Shonagh@beaumontpeople.com.au
If you require further information please call Shonagh on 02 9279 2777.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis