Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. They are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
They stand for equality, justice, freedom, and human dignity and uphold these values:
Empowerment - we build people power
Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights
This crucial role is responsible for:
Relationship Building: Plan, develop and implement individualised stewardship plans to inspire long-term relationships with Amnesty International. Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective bequestors, executors and trustees.
Donor Pipeline: Create and implement innovative activities to drive and grow the bequest program. Create integrated bequest marketing opportunities across multiple fundraising channels. Work with relevant teams to identify, steward and engage prospective bequestors.
Estate Administration: Liaise with solicitors and other third parties to ensure the effective and timely administration of estates, and the keeping of accurate documentation.
Event Management & Marketing Materials: Work closely with the Philanthropy team to plan and implement Donor events across Australia. Coordinate phone, direct mail, online and other activities associated with acquisition and retention of bequest supporters.
Skills & attributes
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) ideally with experience in a not-for-profit environment, and be comfortable engaging over the phone
- Knowledge of the bequest fundraising market or the processes involved in how to leave a bequest
- Initiative and the ability to work proactively in an autonomous role
- High levels of empathy and compassion
- Previous experience in a similar fundraising role (desirable)
- Strong relationship development and stewardship skills
- Ability to explain the need for, and benefits of bequests in a clear and compelling manner
- Understand the needs and priorities of the organisation and possess a drive to achieve growth targets
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to and passion for the mission and vision of Amnesty International Australia
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis