Full Job Description
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an ambitious and growing fundraising team in a Bequest Manager position for a leading research charity based in Darlinghurst.
As the Bequest Manager you will strategically lead and implement a robust bequest retention and acquisition program and inspire a small yet high performing team to take this well respected brand and program to new heights of success.
- Unique opportunity to manage the strategic development and implementation of a successful and growth ready gifts in wills program
- Lead a small yet high performing bequest team to new levels of success
- Join a leading research charity at a time of ambitious growth
- Competitive salary on offer
- Full time position
About the Garvan Research Foundation
The Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and was established in 1981 to provide support to the Institute's medical research programs. Garvan Research Foundation's income has grown from a fundraising base of $110,000 to over $30 million in 2016. The remarkable success of the Foundation's awareness campaigns and fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to medical research that will change the direction of science and medicine and have major impacts on human health. Garvan strives to enhance and develop research programs that combine fundamental science with strong clinical interactions.
The Garvan Research Foundation is in the middle of an ambitious five-year strategic plan, called Garvan 2020, which includes the following objectives:
- To increase sustainable annual income to $50,000,000
- To increase the number of known Garvan Partners for the Future (bequestors) to 1,000
- To be a workplace of choice and demonstrate best practice in fundraising
Reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropy, Bequests and Campaigns, the Bequest Manager will be responsible for the strategic development and operational implementation of a major bequest program encompassing retention (Partners for the Future), acquisition (Bequest Prospects) and Estate Administration; identification, acquisition, cultivation, conversion and stewardship and the realisation of gifts. The Bequest Manager is also responsible for the effective management of small team (currently one highly skilled Senior Bequest Coordinator) and for leadership contributions to the Management Team committee.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement yearly strategic plans, budgets and projects, measure performance and report on success and areas for development
- Retention and stewardship of all Partners for the Future, managing and retaining relationships through personalised programs of engagement
- Identify and convert a large pool pf Bequest Prospects
- Identify new and innovative opportunities to increase bequest giving
- Deliver presentations and facilitate Small Group and Private Discovery Tours
- Strategically drive and oversee the development of bequest communication tools such as Direct Marketing, Advertising, DVD, website content and brochures
- Management and implementation of Garvan’s donor recognition program
- Identify, engage, qualify and convert new Bequest Prosects
- Oversee administrative management of all Estate and legal communications
- Maintaining and developing excellent relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including donors, ambassadors, Board Directors, volunteers, sector stakeholders and staff within the Garvan Research Foundation and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Extensive previous experience in a similar role and industry
- Demonstrated success in raising funds through bequests/gifts in wills
- Dedicated ‘hands on’ approach to meet all deliverables
- Demonstrated consistent strategic and analytical thinking
- Consistently performs and inspires others in team
- Sophisticated in communications, written and verbal (able to translate complex scientific detail into persuasive lay language)
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of direct marketing
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills with strong influencing capabilities
- Experience developing and leading a team through growth
- Impeccable attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Confident decision-making abilities
- Ability to be flexible with time
This role offers the opportunity to work in an inspiring, fast paced and collaborative working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on people across Australia and internationally.
If you exude warmth, possess the highest standards of professionalism, with a can-do attitude and genuine interest in making a difference, we want to hear from you!
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most prominent non-profit organisations who are going through an exciting period of growth.
To be considered for this position, please upload your CV and cover letter.
Please note due to urgency the role does not have a set closing date so I encourage early applications.
For more information please contact Christina Enotiades on 02 9279 2777.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.