This is a full time, permanent role with head offices based in Silverwater, with an overview of their support accommodation sites in Sydney.
Working collaboratively as part of the Allied Health team in the delivery of behaviour Support for people with sensory, intellectual and physical disabilities. Behaviour Support will be delivered under the support and supervision of the Allied Health Manager.
Core Objectives and Responsibilities
- Develop individualised strategies for people with a disability in a way that reduces the occurrences and impact of behaviours of concern and minimised the use of restrictive practices
- Undertake functional behavioural assessments to develop behaviour support plans containing evidence based, proactive strategies that meet the specific needs of the person
- Develop Behaviour Support plans that meet both clinical and NDIS requirements in consultation with the person with a disability, their family, and other relevant stakeholders and services providers who will be implementing the plan.
- Deliver training to staff to implement positive behaviour strategies or use restrictive practices
To have success in the role you will be a personable and positive individual who loves to learn and is open to feedback. You will also be;
- A relevant qualification within Allied Health and / or human services
- Experience working with people who exhibit challenging behaviours, have intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities, particularly in the area of intervention, restrictive practices and risk management
- Experience in the area of conducting evidence-based assessment and interventions
- Ability to build and maintain strong and respectful relationships
- Have strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Hold a unrestricted NSW driver's license and be willing to use your own vehicle for work purposes. As well as being open to undertaking pre-employment checks including WWCC and national police check
- Work as part of a collaborative, highly supportive organisation while making a positive impact to people’s lives
- Competitive remuneration package + travel allowence + nfp salary packaging.
- Be part of an exciting time of growth for a purpose-driven organisation
If so apply today by submitting your resume along with a short cover letter expressing your interest in the role. For more information, please get in touch with Chloe Barton on 04 2616 1985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.