- Flexible location, offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra with WFH flexibility as well
- Work in a team committed to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- 2-year contract position, possibility to extend – full-time (M-F 9-5PM), and part-time (M-F 1130-5PM) candidates can be considered
Asthma Australia is a for-purpose, consumer organisation. We help people to breathe so they can live freely. We work across policy, advocacy, health promotion, programs, training and research to support people with asthma.
Our team works hard, but also values life outside work. Wellbeing, flexible ways of working and continuous learning and development opportunities are important to us and make Asthma Australia a great place to work.
The Consumer Support Services (CSS) team is a mission-critical service which addresses a genuine consumer need for health information and support. The team offers a person-centred service focused on empowering people living with asthma and their carers, by providing best-practice and evidence-based asthma information, support and resources.
The Asthma Support Representative manages inbound queries and is available to answer questions about asthma, linked conditions and other factors that influence asthma control. You will also:
- Provide person-centred support via inbound queries through the 1800 ASTHMA number and digital formats, including email, webchat (coming soon), and social media for PWA, their carers, health care professionals and schools, directing non-asthma education enquiries accordingly.
- Provide evidence-based, best-practice information as per the Australian Asthma Handbook.
- Direct consumers to and arrange for any relevant asthma management resources.
- Qualifications and/or experience within health, nursing, allied health, health promotion or similar setting
- Experience providing telephone-based, person-centred support activities (be able to tailor information to the needs of the consumer)
- An understanding of medications and their application (training on asthma medications will be provided), or providing health coaching and education services to consumers
- Knowledge of the management of asthma and linked respiratory conditions or working within a customer service or call centre environment will be highly regarded
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check or Working with Vulnerable People Check and a National Criminal History Check
If you’re passionate about helping Australians breathe better - please submit your CV with a cover letter, detailing why you are interested in working with Asthma Australia, and how your values, skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Asthma Australia values the difference that the diversity of their people brings to the organisation and encourages Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people living with disability to apply.
Beaumont People have been retained to recruit this role on behalf of Asthma Australia, please direct all inquiries to Diana Linde (email@example.com) at Beaumont People.