- Tweed Heads NSW
- Temporary - Full time hours
- Aboriginal Identified Position
This role will see you providing a broad range of applicant, tenancy and property management services and advice to clients, advocates and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with clients and their advocates to provide advice and assistance on housing options based on assessment of eligibility and client need and in keeping with relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with internal specialists and external service providers and make referrals where additional support requirements are identified to better meet client needs.
- Manage tenancies and support clients to maintain successful tenancies.
- Support tenancy and community participation initiatives to contribute to harmonious neighbourhoods and stronger communities.
- Manage client information to ensure confidentiality, accuracy and integrity.
- Monitor property condition and facilitate maintenance and minor modifications where necessary to meet client needs.
To be successful for this role you will possess the following:
- Previous experience working directly with clients who have complex support needs.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines in a demanding work place.
- Experience in managing conflicts and expectations of clients and their advocates in a human services environment.
- High level of technical and computer skills
- Identify as being Indigenous and can provide supporting documentation at application stage.
This is a temporary position offering full time hours.
Please note that you will be required to undertake a Criminal History Check and obtain a Working with Children's Check.
For more information, please contact Lauren Rodwell on (02) 9133 9322.