Who we are looking for?
- An enthusiastic person with a heart for working with young people to reach their potential.
- Someone with the 4 ‘P’s. POSITIVE. PROACTIVE. PEOPLE PERSON. PASSIONATE.
- A team player to work as part of a professional team to achieve young person plan goals
- Someone who loves to learn and develop professionally.
- Flexibility and resilient, no two days will be the same and you will need to think outside of the box to find solutions.
About the role.
As Therapeutic Youth Worker you will be directly supporting the day to day living of young people, providing quality, safe care and guidance to young people within their living environment and the community.
Working closely with Therapeutic Caseworker/Specialist, and your day to day line management and household operation will be directed by the House Manager.
You will be working with young people with a range of developmental, behavioural, and psychological needs. At all times, you will be responsible for ensuring that young person is safe and that their welfare and wellbeing needs are met, while working towards planned goals and independence.
To be Successful you will:
- Hold or be working towards a formal qualification in Youth Work/Community Services or related field with demonstrated youth work experience
- Have knowledge and understanding of trauma informed support, ideally within residential settings
- Good attention to details with strong reporting skills and computer literacy
- Flexibility to work shift work
- Hold a current Working With Children Check and you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check
As a Youth Worker, you will have the benefit of:
- Being part of a small team with a client focus and opportunity for peer interaction and team-based learning
- Supervision and support to enable you to fulfil the requirements of your role and develop your career path
- The opportunity to utilise flexible work arrangements
- Excellent Salary Sacrificing options
If you are looking for a new role then Apply today! If you would like more information, get in touch with Chloe Barton or Krystelle Budd on 02 9133 9322
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.