- Champion WHS Processes and promote a zero harm culture
- Part-time – 4 days, equivalent to 0.8 FTE - based in Mosman
- Opportunity to lead and partner with the business to implement best practice WHS standards
The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust is an operationally self-funding agency created by the Australian Government responsible for vision planning and management of Sydney Harbour sites.
The Harbour Trust’s vision for these sites to ensure they are integrated into the life of the city and create a lasting legacy for the people of Sydney and Australia. Sites that were for many years hidden away from public view are now open for all. These public spaces and parklands now offer major events, exhibitions, venue hire, accommodation, tours and business tenancy.
Reporting to the Chief Legal & Risk Officer and Manager People & Culture this role will be responsible for providing Health & Safety support to the Harbour Trust’s management team and employees. You will actively partner with the business to implement the WHS systems, processes and procedures to meet all legislative requirements for the organisation.
The successful candidate will be an experienced health and safety professional, ideally with a focus on Construction and/or Parkland Operations. As important will be a personable, collaborative, enabling approach and energy for engaging with people, and the ability to influence and promote a high level safety culture across all levels of the organisation.
- Maintain, support and socialise the WHS Management System of the Harbour Trust
- Identify WHS knowledge or process gaps across the business to ensure continuous improvement in the management of WHS risks
- Developing and delivering induction training and ongoing training for management, supervisors and workers
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly WHS Committee meetings
- Monitor and report on Work Health and Safety performance, issues and ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Develop and execute strategic health and safety initiatives aligned with the Trust
- Manage and maintain WHS records including training & induction records, incident records, Lost Time Injury data, hazard and risk management records etc
- Manage and maintain Contractor Risk Management database
Your experience will include:
- A demonstrated ability to oversee and maintain WHS management systems, policies and procedures
- Relevant WHS training experience, safety administration and audit
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships to actively reinforce and promote a strong WHS culture across the organisation
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS office products and database systems
- Ability to work in a team environment, highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to undertake a Police Check
Your qualifications will include:
- 3 + years experience as a Safety, HSEQ or WHS coordinator, with experience in construction, property or facilities management or Parkland operations
- Certificate IV in WHS Management or higher relevant qualification
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and assessor or equivalent
- Current drivers’ licence
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.