Therapeutic Specialist - Psychologist / Social Worker / Behavioural Specialist
|Job Title:||Therapeutic Specialist - Psychologist / Social Worker / Behavioural Specialist|
|Location:||Coffs Harbour & North Coast|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Barton|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2019 21:15|
The Therapeutic Specialist is integral to the care and support system for children and young people in OOHC. The Therapeutic Specialist is responsible for guiding and supporting carer and staff interactions, conducting assessments, developing therapeutic treatment plans and leading reflective practice to support carers and staff to develop their therapeutic skills.
The Therapeutic Specialist, as part of the Clinical Services team, and as directed by the Lead Clinician, will work closely with program staff and other service partners in the management of complex cases and practice quality issues. This includes the provision of specialist expertise and assistance, case consultancy and review and the promotion of reflective and evidence based practice.
Full time, permanent role based in Coffs Harbour. Working across Coffs and Grafton, with some infrequent travel required to Lismore.
To the successful in the role you will have;
Minimum qualifications are:
• A tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, or behavioural specialist.
• Current registration or eligibility for membership with relevant professional body.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Therapeutic Care setting or working in clinical environment with children and young people in OOHC.
• Completing assessments for children and young people and using the findings to complete a comprehensive therapeutic written report/care plan designed to inform staff and child interactions and the Care Team’s planning
• Practice knowledge relevant to working within a trauma informed practice framework. including the ability to provide therapeutic clinical assessment and trauma informed interventions.
• Experience in guiding therapeutic inventions, and training and development to support team and carers
Benefits to you;
• Work for an NFP who actively supports you to have a healthy work life balance
• Above award hourly rate + package
• Free gym membership
• Internal and external training opportunities
• Great professional development opportunities
• An Employee Assistance Program
• As a not-for-profit organisation, employees are able to take advantage of salary packaging to receive up to $15,900 of their salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are looking for a new role where you can continue to grow professionally and make a difference, then Apply today! If you would like more information, get in touch.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's