Beaumont People are recruiting for a Therapeutic Specialist to join a growing NFP based Blacktown
- Full time Perm role
- Provide therapeutic support to young people in care
- Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care (ITTC)
Working as part of the newly rolled out Intensive Therapeutic Care contract, we are now seeking an experienced professional for the Blacktown and Western Sydney region. Use your expertise to assess and address the needs of children and young people as well as the support and training of staff within this value and mission led youth focused NFP.
This role works very closely with staff to deliver appropriate therapeutic interventions with children and young people who have experienced significant trauma, to ensure that all decisions reflect the needs of the child or young person are guided by principles of permanency planning.
A bit about you:
You will be a resilient and practical applicant who is passionate and committed to providing therapeutic support to young people in care through positive engagement and advocacy, working within the community towards trauma integration.
To be successful it is essential you:
- Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or equivalent with eligibility for registration with relevant professional registration body
- Possess experience in working with children and young people within the child protection system who have experienced and are impacted by complex trauma
- Demonstrated capacity to assist support staff to support young people
- Ability to established and maintained strong and trusting relationships with individuals with complex needs, their families and other key stakeholders.
- Hold an unrestricted NSW driver's licence and be open to undertaking pre employment checks including WWCC and national police check
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Join a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment.
- Join a strong and experience clinical team, with regular supported supervision
- Fantastic opportunities for career grow
For more information, please get in touch with Chloe on 04 2616 1985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.