Family Spirit is a new agency formed through a partnership between CatholicCare Sydney and Marist180. Family Spirit's sole focus is to improve the lives of children, young people and families connected to the care system.
About the role
As the Therapeutic Case Manager you would manage a caseload providing specialist case management support and therapeutic intervention to vulnerable children, families and /or carers with a focus on children’s well-being, creating a safe and secure environment and strengthening relationships.
Full time permanent position based in Bankstown
- Providing therapeutic intervention and support to children, young people and their families and/or carers
- Assessment, planning and implementation of plans
- Assisting in transition and placement of children exiting temporary and permanent care
- Assisting in family preservation and restoration
- Sourcing and connect to appropriate agencies for referral to provide continuous targeted support
You will hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Family Therapy. Along with;
- Experience working in children and family services with a focus on child protection and / or Out of Home Care
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contemporary case management practices for Preservation and Restoration , intervention approaches and client centred, strength based approaches when working with families with additional needs.
- A well development understanding of statutory child protection and relevant legislation
- Be an excellent communicator; whether that’s having tough and sensitive conversations, exploring best practice and sharing with the team or with your written documentation.
- Have a positive and resilient attitude with a passion to make a true difference with our society’s most vulnerable and in need children and families.
- Current driver’s license with access to a fully insured well maintained vehicle, WWCC and willingness to undertake police check
- Working with an organisation that has a strong focus on self-care
- Professional development opportunities and formal structured supervision
- This position is classified as SCHCADS Level 5
- Access to generous salary packaging
- Rostered day off a month
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume addressed to Kelli-Ann Sives or email your application to Kelliemail@example.com. Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9279 2777