This service is about supporting people to participate and develop valued roles in their community, to make their own decisions about how they live their life and about providing or facilitating the support they want for their life. Support is provided focusing on the person’s strengths, choices and desires and respecting their choices
As Team leader you will be responsible for day to day delivery of program/s and service, including supervising and leading a team of Direct Support Professionals to achieve their best performance in their work while meeting the goals and outcomes for the people we support.
- Oversee that each client is receiving appropriate and person centred support in accordance with their allocated NDIS funds.
- Ensure each client’s personal information, plans and records are maintained in accordance with industry standards.
- Prepare rosters that meet the needs of the people being supported and service needs, in accordance of the SCHADS award and within the allocated budget
- Ensure the smooth running of the service by managing and monitoring all different resources including budget and expenses to achieve the best outcomes for the clients and the organisation
- Lead your team and communicate by exemplifying the organisation's purpose and values, acting in ways that reflect commitment to Person Centred and strengths based practice
- Build professional working relationships with your different stakeholders (clients, families, advocates etc.), aiming to develop them over time and proactively engaging in promoting active communication of information
- Committed to lead a team of employees, offering continuous support and on the job coaching to ensure they have the skills and capacity to fulfill the responsibilities and achieve their best
To be suitable for this role you will have:-
- Ideally Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Minimum three years relevant experience in the disability sector
- Computer Literacy (Sound Microsoft suite, Excel and database administration skills)
- Sound understanding of the complex needs of people with disabilities
- Sound written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise, co-ordinate and organise own work and work of team members
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Rhonda Newman or email your application to email@example.com.
Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9093 4911