$80k + Super
About the client:
Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA) is the peak body for occupational therapists in Australia.
They are a Not-for-Profit member services organisation, providing professional development, advocacy, practice standards, networking and events.
About the role:
As the State Manager for VIC and TAS you will actively lead the membership engagement strategy with a strong focus on retention and acquisition. You will attend education events and facilitate networking opportunities with a variety of stakeholders. You will coordinate with the state council and consult with the national office on policy, advocacy and projects relating to members.
This is a State role based within the National office in Melbourne.
About the person:
The ideal candidate will have a background in membership, health, education and/or policy within a not-for-profit organisation. You will have excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills, be agile confident and a self-starter. You will enjoy working autonomously whilst executing a state strategy with a national focus.
The duties of this role include:
- Implement and drive and member acquisition and retention strategies
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with members, including the Divisional Council
- Engage with special interest groups across the state
- Develop and implement networking and other member engagement activities
- Support and consult with the Lobbying and advocacy team regarding policy submissions
- Act as the secretariat for Divisional Council meetings
- Develop and implement projects and program as directed by Divisional Council and HO
- Demonstrated experience in developing, managing and maintaining partnerships, strategic relationships and collaborative projects with diverse stakeholders
- Experience working in a charity, not for profit association or small organisation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and an ability to negotiate for positive and mutually beneficial outcomes
- Ability to work as part of a small but driven team with attention to detail, organisation skills, and an ability to identify organisational risk
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.