- Seeking analytical mind combined with investigative skills and people skills
- Flexible location either Western Sydney or Inner South Sydney
- Salary ranging $90,000 - $105,000 + package
- Full time contract maternity role, 9 months contract - high possibly of extension
As Standards, Safeguarding and Investigation Officer you will play a pivotal role in providing initial critical response and expert advice in order to safeguard young people in care by managing the reporting and notification requirements under Child Protection, Ombudsman, OCG, NDIS acts and standard.
As the organisation continues to expand, this role is integral to prepare for future growth, as well as influencing operational standards and efficiency through a cycle of continuous improvement. You will work closely with external and internal stakeholders, bringing with you a background in professional standards, compliance, quality and investigations to follow strict processes and guidelines in order to promote and execute best practice principles for professional standards matters.
To be successful in your application for this role you will have:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of legislation that relating to safeguarding and child protection principles and practices
- Understanding of best practice principles for investigation processes.
- Demonstrated experience in professional standards, compliance, quality management and investigation processes and techniques
- The ability to work autonomously and within teams holding subject matter expertise
- Attention to detail, including proofreading, fact-checking and reviewing own work and that of others.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; and
- High standard of professional ethical behaviour and sound understanding of boundary maintenance.
- Tertiary qualifications within a similar discipline
- Unrestricted NSW driver's licence and be open to undertaking pre employment checks including WWCC and national police check
- An understanding of legislative requirements relating to delivery of programs and services for children and young people at risk
This is an interesting and rewarding role that will see you working as part of a leading specialist organisation making a significant difference to vulnerable children, young people and their families.
- Join a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment.
- Attractive above award remuneration package
- Initial maternity leave contract, 9 month with strong possibly for extension