Beaumont People are excited to partner with a small innovative organisation passionate about continually improving its service offerings and driving innovation to provide maximum opportunity for people with disability, their families and carers.
The Specialist Support Coordination role would be a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Social Worker or other allied health professional with strong caseload management skills and experience working with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to join a growing multidisciplinary team focused on putting people and their quality of life at the heart of all of what they do.
Full time, perm role based in Sutherland Shire, Sydney NSW
As a Specialist Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Provide Coordination of services to 20 NDIS participants who reside in residential care home in accordance with their NDIS plan & service agreement.
- Specifically assist NDIS participants and other team members in identifying and accessing supports relating to Allied Health, Medical Team, Consumables and sourcing alternate funding where possible.
- Work collaboratively with the NDIS to ensure the participant is receiving the entitlements and supports they are eligible for
- In conjunction with broader team, ensure that participant needs are met through the provision of complex case management
- Attend NDIS planning meetings and liaise with NDIS planners as required
- Create and complete goal setting and outcome based plans for participants
- Facilitate capacity building and understanding of the NDIS and NDIS participant plans
- Monitor participants budget forecast against their NDIS plan schedule and work within their allocated support coordination budget
- Qualifications in Human Services, Social Sciences, or relevant Nursing or allied health degree and registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligibility for practicing membership of relevant body;
- Experience working with people with disability with complex care needs.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own caseload on a daily basis
- Demonstrated communication skills, written and verbal.
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and CRM systems, with a willingness to embrace new technology;
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisational skills;
- Unrestricted NSW driver’s licence and access to motor vehicle with insurance
- Competitive salary package plus additional payments for travel;
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of Occupational Therapists, a Speech Pathologist, and a Social Worker;
- Company laptop and phone provided;
- Access to fleet vehicles available;
- Supportive access to ongoing Professional Development;
- Flexible working hours and location, including job-sharing possibilities, and the ability to work some hours from home.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Kelli-Ann Sives or email your application to email@example.com. Please feel free to call to discuss on 0401 358 383