- Full-Time, Permanent Role
- Rare leadership opportunity
- Established NFP Organisation
- Beautiful Location
Based in picturesque Brunswick Heads, Byron Shire Respite Service Inc. is a not for profit who have been offering a range of flexible support services to the elderly community and their carers for over 25 years with a special focus on clients with changed behaviours. They also offer some services to NDIS participants with changed behaviours including younger onset dementia.
With a focus on caring, wellness and reablement, they provide person centred support to enhance an individual’s quality of life for people residing in Byron, Ballina and Lismore shires.
Byron Shire Respite Service Inc. support all carers in their role by providing respite care services, allowing regular carers to take a well-deserved break from their usual responsibilities.
Reporting to an established Management Committee the role of Service Manager is the most senior role within the organisation. As Service Manager you will be accountable for overseeing all operational activities, leading a long serving, passionate team and for driving community engagement and relationships with other providers. You will take the lead in ensuring sustainable growth for this much loved and needed service.
With an extensive experience in service delivery and aged care you will lead the team to deliver high quality, safe support and meet accreditation standards. You will bring exceptional communication and decision-making skills, with a highly flexible hands on approach. This full-time role is based in the service hub where you will experience the day to day interactions, joy and challenges that respite offers.
The organisation has a part-time work force of paid and volunteer staff. The Service Manager will lead the team to success with the assistance of a strong administration team, Care Manager, Care Coordinator and Finance Manager.
- Provide day to day operational management of all services
- Proactively build & maintain positive stakeholder relationships to ensure sustainability & growth
- Develop & implement annual business plan & coordinate activities of the service
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, develop annual budgets & financial reports
- Compliance with all relevant statutory requirements, including government grants, the Aged Care Quality Standards & National Standards for Disability Services.
- Maintenance & implementation of policies & procedures
- Oversee Work Health & Safety management
- Responsible for recruitment & selection of staff & volunteers.
- Responsible for the preparation of submissions for funding & policies
- Experienced, positive leader with a hands-on approach. You are also patient, caring & people focussed
- Demonstrated success empowering a team to deliver exceptional services in an Aged Care environment
- Understanding the needs of people living with the impacts of dementia care and changed behaviours
- Commitment to the principles of community care
- Strong advocacy, networking & partnership building skills
- Detailed knowledge of statutory requirements in relation to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), Home Care Packages & the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Experience of business & financial management
- Registered Nurse through AHPRA
- Able to undertake a National Police Check
Beaumont People has been retained to recruit this role. You can send your application now with an up to date resume and covering letter that clearly addresses the above ‘Skills & Attributes’ to Rebecca@beaumontpeople.com.au
If you have any other questions you can contact Rebecca Robinson or Victoria Nankivell on 02 9133 9322. Applications are being reviewed regularly, the closing date for full applications is Friday 24th July.