- Fabulous regional location – Orange
- Full-time role
- Work with an inspiring leadership team, in a thriving not for profit organisation – Housing Plus
Housing Plus is on a mission to improve the situations for both individuals and communities in regional NSW through affordable accommodation and targeted support services. They are a Tier 1 accredited community housing provider and have recently been awarded significant funding to continue to provide more affordable housing to the region.
Housing Plus is a progressive social enterprise that re-invests ALL profits back into improving social outcomes for individuals and communities in regional NSW.
Reporting directly into the Head of Customer Services and leading a geographically dispersed team across Central NSW, this role provides operational leadership and will drive best practise Community Housing and support services.
- Management of the Tenancy team, driving high performance
- Be responsible for client satisfaction – implement and maintain effective complaints and feedback processes; monitor trends in client needs, and assist to evaluate client satisfaction
- Provide guidance and advice on complex tenancy issues and disputes, oversee interaction with clients on complaints, violations, transfer requests, etc
- Community and stakeholder relationship management is key; work to identify and promote opportunities for partnership, and represent Housing Plus at interagency meetings and other local networks
- Prepare management reports, maintain records and documents
- Ensure team members comply with WH&S Standards, DCJ Housing, CHP, local government requirements and any related statutory and funding requirements
To be successful you will have:
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead and train a diverse and passionate team
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to successfully liaise at all levels with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
- Tertiary Level Qualification in Social Housing, Housing Practice or Housing Management or equivalent/similar areas of study
- Previous experience within the social housing sector - or experience in government, not for profit or community organisations
- Current unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence - occasional travel is required
This position requires the following mandatory checks to be conducted: National Police Check and Working with Children check.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at email@example.com
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Housing Plus, therefore all queries must be directed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People.