Legacy is one of Australia's most iconic charities which grew out of the ashes of World War One, and was based on a promise to look after the "missus and the kids". Today, more than 90 years later, Legacy continues to keep this promise and across Australia provides support to around 70,000 families of Australian Defence Force personnel who have given their lives or their health as a result of their service.
Legacy is dedicated to enhancing the lives and opportunities of families of veterans through innovative and practical programs aimed at the protection of individuals' and families' basic needs; advocating for entitlements, rights and benefits; assisting families through bereavement and times of hardship; and helping people thrive, despite their adversity and loss.
Reporting to the Director of Beneficiary Programs, the focus of this position will be to provide leadership across community services and legatee support programs across Sydney and Regional NSW.
With oversight of Legatee Support Team, Community Services Workers and Remote Regional Office Managers, you will develop and maintain all operational and strategic management; Providing professional expertise in appropriate policies and procedures for the delivery of necessary programs to the beneficiaries of Legacy’s support.
- Lead the Service Delivery Programs, ensuring that staff are supported, developed and empowered within their roles
- Build and maintain positive working relationships and collaborative partnerships with Legacy Clubs, Committees and other external parties
- Assess, evaluate and develop service delivery models with a focus on best practice principles and program improvements through innovative and evidence-based initiatives
- Assist with the application process and management of funding for grants and growth of services
- Work closely with the Executive team providing strategic input and reporting when required
To have success in the role you will be an energetic self starter who can build relationships in a respectful and confident manner, while being committed to developing and delivering high-quality services.
You will also have;
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline.
- Be a positive and inclusive leader with demonstrated experience in an operational management role where you have led and developed a team of people.
- Understanding and knowledge in relation to policy, legislation, and standards impacting the community services sector (in particular veterans, My Age Care and NDIS)
- Experience in managing projects and providing project support.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a proven ability to engage in building relationships
- Previous experience in implementing strategies and assessment tools to measure program outcomes.
- Experience working with volunteer or member based organisation would be highly regarded.
- Work as part of a dynamic and thriving team in a supportive and flexible workplace culture
- Competitive remuneration package + nfp salary packaging.
- Opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role with excellent professional develop potential.
Apply today by submitting your resume along with a short cover letter expressing your interest in the role. For more information, please get in touch with Chloe Barton on 04 2616 1985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.