Beaumont people are currently working in partnership with Shelter NSW to recruit a Senior Policy Officer based in Sydney.
Established in 1975 Shelter NSW is the state’s peak body with a vision to see a fair and just housing system for all NSW and Australia. Shelter NSW’s vision is a “secure home for all”. This is pursued through critical engagement with policy and practice and thought leadership. This vision will be achieved when everyone including people on low incomes has access to secure, affordable and good quality housing, and aims to reduce homelessness.
To lead and undertake policy work and projects in accordance with Shelter NSW’s strategic and operational plan.
Through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders the role researches and develops policy positions, undertakes projects and designs and implements campaigns on housing issues to effect systemic and policy change in accordance with the Shelter NSW vision and strategy.
The ideal candidate must align with Shelter’s core values whilst being able to write, review and critique policy documents. This is an exciting time to join Shelter NSW new team, you will have the ability to collaborate with a small and dynamic team to make a difference and take on broader new challenges.
- Commitment to the vision and values of Shelter NSW
- Expertise in social policy analysis, development and advocacy
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and experience in writing reports, submissions and discussion papers
- Demonstrated capacity to consult, influence and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities and risks
- Demonstrated skills in stakeholder consultation and managing contrasting views
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to manage, and capacity to effectively work as part of a small team
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
Interested? Please either apply or if you want further information reach out to Victoria+ Ford-Rogers at Beaumont People on 029093 4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org