- Based in Randwick – multiple transit options nearby
- Manage a high performing Finance Team
- Full time permanent role – newly restructured
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to curing childhood cancer and one of the leading medical childhood cancer research institutes worldwide. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and improve their long-term health, we don’t just hope to do it, we will do it; and we’re looking for the brightest minds to help us get there.
Children’s Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world.
About the Role
The Finance Manager will lead the transactional, accounting and short-term planning functions for the Institute. It ensures the timely and accurate processing of transactions, delivery of statutory accounts and delivery of appropriate planning, analysis and advice on all financial aspects relevant to the Institute.
The core function of this role is to manage the Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and general ledger systems. Working with the Senior Accounting team and reporting into the Head of Finance, you will ensure effective financial controls and systems and integrity of financial management reporting.
- Manage and lead a Financial Operations and Management Accounting team
- Lead the provision of commercial and strategic support to the Institute and Leadership team in relation to financial targets, efficiency and delivery of key business priorities
- Lead the preparation of the monthly management accounts with variance analysis at appropriate level
- Ownership of Balance Sheet reporting, Fixed Asset Management, Cash Flow reporting and Cash Forecasting
- Drive completion of statutory accounts and audits, with compliance
- Lead the production and delivery of budgets and forecasts in a timely manner that meet the strategic and financial deliverables
- Responsible for the controls environment via policies and procedures, and integrity and quality control of the general ledger
- Champion continuous improvement in financial controls, policies and procedures and operational efficiencies
- Demonstrated experience managing statutory account preparation
- Ability to capture in written word the financial story to various stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Experience in leading teams
- Strong ability to communicate and present to the Leadership Team
- CA/CPA qualification
- Strong systems and continuous improvement experience
How to Apply
To be considered for this position please apply now with your resume. If you have any further questions, please contact Rhonda Newman or Diana Linde at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org at Beaumont People.
Beaumont People has been retained to work on this role on behalf of CCIA, please direct all inquiries to Diana Linde or Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People
There is no closing date for this role, please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received.