- Specialist advice and guidance to caseworkers
- Join a leading therapeutic, trauma & attachment informed NFP
- Based in convenient Inner West Sydney, career growth and attractive package
Our client is an innovative and specialist provider of Out of Home Care services which includes PSP and Residential Care programs, with a vision for creating better and safer futures for children and young people involved in the OOHC system across NSW. Passionate leaders in the field of therapeutic, trauma and attachment informed services we are looking for an experienced senior practice specialist to join the team based in Sydney's Inner West.
About the role
In this 6 month contract you will provide support and advice to a dedicated team of Case Workers in supporting carer families and the young people in their care.
Main responsibilities in the role will include:
- Provide professional expertise, practical support, advice and guidance to caseworkers and program teams in line with service delivery standards
- Assist caseworkers to develop strategies to effectively manage complex and challenging behaviours
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure safety and risk management considerations
- Provide feedback, development and implementation of current and new practice policy
- Assist with monitoring and compliance
- Provide training to managers, team leaders and caseworkers on application and implementation of legislation and standards
- Work in partnership with program leads
- A tertiary degree in social or welfare work
- Demonstrated experience in Out of Home Care sector
- Expert knowledge and experience in assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of services within the child protection and out-of-home care sector
- Thorough understanding of the issue relating to placement of children in alternate family care - including therapeutic care principles, permanency planning principles and their applicability to children in foster care
- Experience in compliance, audit and accreditation processes
- Demonstrated experience in policy research, writing and development
- Experience in project change management approaches
- Ability and confidence to provide support , coaching and training to managers and staff
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Have well developed computer literacy, skills in the Microsoft Office suite and internet
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Have a valid Working With Children Check
- Current Police check
You will be joining an organisation that is committed to providing work / life balance, professional development opportunities and a collaborative and inspiring culture to work within.
If this sounds like the role for you please click APPLY to send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Kelli-Ann Sives or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call to discuss on 02 9279 2777
There is no closing date for this role. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.