We are looking for an Android Developer to join our team of tech-heads so collectively we can deliver an amazing product to our clients.
- Office locations: Brisbane, QLD or Sydney, NSW
- We will support you to succeed
- We will help you have fun
- We will make ourselves available
About the role:
- Develop and maintain Android based mobile applications
- Use and promote agile software development practices and principles and suggest improvements where suitable
- Ensure solutions are testable and write automated unit, integration and E2E tests that support delivery
- Design innovative technical solutions and estimate the work as required
- Use a continuous delivery mind set to ensure a frictionless path to production
- Provide feedback about potential issues and risks
- Work with the release team to ensure smooth releases
- Coach others in the adoption of agile engineering techniques if needed
- Continuously exploring new technologies and sharing your findings with the engineering team.
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code with a goal of delivering defect-free and well tested code.
- Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate with the team to ensure consistently, high quality code.
- Adopt continuous delivery practices and automation tools to enable small and frequent quality releases.
- And some more...
To join the Cover More Group team it's not just about your ability its also about your attitude "There’s a saying in life, you get out what you put in. At Cover-More we call this The Deal It’s how we describe what you can expect from us as a company and what we expect of you in return"
Skills, qualifications & experience:
- Strong technical engineering background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hands-on senior Android development role
- Broad technical knowledge with an understanding of technology trends and their commercial application to solve business problems
- Cool under pressure, with a keen ability to effectively prioritise and deliver
- APIs - RESTful API design, be able to collaborate with backend developers
- Well versed in Android mobile software architecture.
- Expert in coding in Java / Kotlin (Android)
- Well versed in unit testing frameworks such as JUnit (Android)
- Experience with automated deployments (CI/CD)
- Good understanding of AWS or GCP services
- Knowledge of physical architecture at scale, building resilient, no single point of failures, highly available solutions.
For a confidential chat call Dean on (02) 9133 9322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org