Senior Advisor - IR/HR Health
Not for profit membership-based organisation within the health sector
About the Role:
We are currently searching for a proactive individual to join this health-based association as a Senior Advisor. The role is providing advisory services to members or clients both at an individual and/or collective basis regarding professional and industrial issues. Previous experience working in industrial workplace relations or employment law background is essential.
You must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of the NSW public health state awards.
About the Person:
This is the ideal opportunity for an individual who has a passion for workplace relations, or possibly an employment lawyer looking to move from private practice with previous experience in the healthcare industry. This person will need to work autonomously, so you . should possess strong interpersonal skills to confidently build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and health professionals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide advice and representation to members in the health sector including
- Legal matters such as privacy law, care and protection, discrimination and employee compensation
- Employment law matters concerning terms of employment and entitlements as well as disputes
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to develop organisational policy and/or law reform submissions on workforce related issues in collaboration with relevant Councils.
- Supporting, conducting and or managing strategic projects
- Assisting and participating in member engagement, education and training initiatives
To be successful you will have:
- Proven ability to consult on complex and sensitive issues within critical timeframes
- Experience in representing clients or members before tribunals, committees or similar regulatory or disciplinary environments.
- Strong written and verbal communications and problem solving skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and diplomacy skills, including relationship management skills and the proven ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience in industrial relations, law, public health or a similar discipline
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior understanding or proven ability to learn quickly about the professional and IR issues
- Some after hours and weekend meetings as well as travel within NSW and ACT may be required – a valid driver’s licence is desirable.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships