MS Research Australia is the largest national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to funding, coordinating, educating and advocating for multiple sclerosis (MS) research in Australia, as part of a worldwide effort to solve MS. Its goal is to accelerate research: into identifying the cause, better treatments and prevention of MS, with the aim of ultimately finding a cure for MS.
MS Research Australia has a full time Research Development Liaison position available for a highly motivated individual with a biomedical or related health or science degree and strong oral and written communication skills.
As Research Development Liaison you will work closely with the Head of Research and the research team and will have responsibility to;
- coordinate the NSW MS Research and Clinical Trials Networks,
- coordinate the MS Research Australia genetics platform, the ANZgene MS Genetics Consortium,
- assist in coordination of the MS Research Australia platforms,
- produce a range of written communication reports and articles.
- Being an integral part of the MS research world through the coordination and communication aspects of the role,
- Having a role that mixes scientific expertise with communication and language skills,
- Working with a close-knit dedicated team towards a worthy goal – a cure for MS.
- PhD degree in neurobiology, immunology or an area of relevance to role
- Demonstrated high level understanding and interpretation of scientific material,
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication of scientific material for a range of audiences (including researchers and members of the community),
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form and support collaborative efforts amongst researchers across multiple centres and to communicate progress within research networks,
- Working knowledge of database and website maintenance and other online platforms,
- Initiative and an innovative approach,
- Adaptability and flexibility to work as part of a small team and manage a broad range of activities with competing deadlines,
- A commitment to MS, its supportive communities and organisations and to providing a better life for people living with MS.
- General knowledge of current research into MS and/or related fields
- An understanding of communications and the fundraising environment
- Project management experience
- Flexible working from home policy
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
If this sounds like the role for you please click APPLY to send your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Chloe Barton or email your application to Chloe@beaumontpeople.com.au or feel free to call to discuss on 0426161985
There is no closing date for this role. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.