MS Research Australia has a fulltime Research Development Coordinator position available for a highly motivated individual with a biomedical or related health or science degree and strong oral and written communication skills.
The Research Development Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Research and the research team and will have responsibility to;
- coordinate the NSW MS Research and Clinical Trials Networks,
- coordinate the MS Research Australia genetics platform, the ANZgene MS Genetics Consortium,
- assist in coordination of the MS Research Australia platforms,
- produce a range of written communication reports and articles.
The position highlights are:
- Being an integral part of the MS research world through the coordination and communication aspects of the role,
- Having a role that mixes scientific expertise with communication and language skills,
- Working with a close-knit dedicated team towards a worthy goal – a cure for MS.
The suitable applicant will require:
- A biomedical, health science or closely related science degree,
- Demonstrated high level understanding and interpretation of scientific material,
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication of scientific material for a range of audiences (including researchers and members of the community),
- Excellent interpersonal skills to form and support collaborative efforts amongst researchers across multiple centres and to communicate progress within research networks,
- Working knowledge of database and website maintenance and other online platforms,
- Initiative and an innovative approach,
- Adaptability and flexibility to work as part of a small team and manage a broad range of activities with competing deadlines,
- A commitment to MS, its supportive communities and organisations and to providing a better life for people living with MS.
- PhD degree in neurobiology, immunology or an area of relevance to role
- General knowledge of current research into MS and/or related fields
- An understanding of communications and the fundraising environment
- Project management experience