What being a Recruitment Coordinator is really all about...
- Fantastic opportunity for growth and development within the business
- Competitive Salary + bonus scheme
- Beautiful head office based in Sydney’s CBD with work from home opportunities
I am currently looking to replace my own position as a Recruitment Coordinator due to an internal promotion to a Recruitment Consultant. This role is perfect for a recent graduate, or someone looking to make a career move into fast paced, energetic corporate team. If you are also someone looking for a company where growth and development is encouraged – then Beaumont is the place for you!
When I first joined the team, I had limited knowledge of recruitment or HR, but over the past 18 months I have been supported with constant professional training and development that has given me a foundation of skills that I will take through my corporate career.
About the Role –
As the Recruitment Coordinator you will report and support a Senior Consultant within our busy and growing Associations and Memberships team. Be warned! This is a fast-paced role and not for the faint hearted. The consultant you’ll support will demand a lot from you, but in return you get to be part of a very high achieving team who celebrate the wins and you will always be encouraged to achieve the best outcomes and be the best version of yourself. We take our values of fun, collaborative, integrity, excellence and collaboration very seriously.
In this role you will have the opportunity to manage the full recruitment cycle of multiple positions by identifying and interviewing high-quality candidates that are looking for permanent and/or temporary job opportunities.
As a Recruitment Coordinator you will:
- Complete daily and weekly administrative tasks, such as first day checks and candidate service calls
- Write and post advertisements on multiple job boards
- Source and phone screen candidates for roles ranging from reception through to CEO
- Interview and coach candidates through resume development and the interview process
- Complete reference checking with a very high level of attention to detail and other compliance tasks for the team
- Manage customer expectations with superior customer service skills – we are second to none!
- Support your Senior Consultants on client visits, service visits and work health & safety visits to view their office environment and gain a greater understanding of the role and the client’s expectations
- Respond to all emails and phone queries promptly and with phenomenal customer service
- Continually manage a database to keep it current
- Work in a collaborative environment, working both autonomously and as a team
- Experience working in an office environment
- A can-do, proactive attitude and collaborative team approach
- Process driven and detail orientated
- Quick to action tasks and report back
- Initiative to ask questions and think outside the box
- Enjoy talking on the phone and providing excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle and adapt to multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Can relate well to a variety of people at different levels
- Strong drive to reach targets and hit personal KPIs
- Strong IT and Microsoft skills
If you’re looking to make a move, want to know more, or want an off the record chat then please don’t hesitate to contact me on 02 9093 4925 or firstname.lastname@example.org .