$120k inc Super
Permanent, Full Time
Sydney CBD – WFH & WFO
About the client
The Australian Packaging Covenant of Australia (APCO) is a co-regulatory, not for profit organisation partnering with governments and industries to reduce the environmental impact of packaging.
APCO aims to change the culture of business and educate consumers through the implementation of unique projects and programs and the subsequent promotion of sustainable packaging activities including sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction and circular economy. As a collective, we can all make a difference to the environment.
Have you ever noticed the recycling information on a packet of biscuits, chips or lollies? APCO designed this! It’s a simple and easy to read recycling label which is now used on many household items by big brands such as Coles and Woolworths to help consumers (like us) recycle properly. This is just one of the programs APCO successfully manage.
About the role
We are partnering with APCO to recruit a proactive and experienced Project Manager to develop and execute the strategic sustainability projects.
Industry experience including sustainability, waste or packaging is highly regarded as well as knowledge of a circular economy.
As the Program Manager you will work directly with the Partnership and Projects Officer and industry working groups to deliver key strategic projects in line with the 2025 National Packaging Targets. This includes the preparation of comprehensive project plans, including the management of budgets, resources, timeframes, tenders and risk analysis.
About the candidate
You will showcase the initiative to lead projects, and be highly organised to think fast to deliver multiple projects on strict deadlines. You will demonstrate a portfolio of successfully completed projects and have experience in change management. The ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships and influence is essential.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Devise and deliver key projects that are in line with the 2025 National Packaging Target deliverables
- Manage the delivery of APCO projects schedule, liaise with consultants and monitor the progress against defined indicators
- Oversee the strategic direction of Working Groups and project development to ensure deliverables are met
- Report on the success of projects against defined indicators and develop recommendations on operational improvement including the review and development of policies
- Act as a contact and source of information for potential and existing partners and stakeholders
- Maintain professional working relationships with members, regulators, industry representatives and special interest groups
- Input and maintenance of APCO CRM to provide ongoing stakeholder insights and intel
- Manage 1 direct report
To be successful you will have:
- Proven end to end project management
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Access software
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Agile thinking and experience In change management
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Can do attitude, that is proactive rather than reactive
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles and opportunities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Influence and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders
This is an exciting opportunity to work for small, collaborative and growing organisation that is recognised globally for its dedication and commitment to creating a sustainable future.
Your role will be instrumental in managing projects that will shape the future of packaging and the effects on the environment.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Kristina or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Applications will be reviewed during the Christmas break and interviews will commence with Beaumont People on the week of the 11th January 2021.