- Potential to work from home, with 1-2 days in Surry Hills office
- Immediate start, two-year full-time contract
- Get involved and be active in the community in North Western Sydney
Girl Guides NSW and ACT is part of the international Girl Guides organisation with a clear mission to empower girls and young women to grow into confident, self-respecting, responsible community members.
Girl Guides provides girls and young women with fantastic opportunities to meet personal challenges, to develop team-building and leadership skills and to make new friends.
Based in North Western Sydney, this role will be responsible for building the Girl Guide presence in the community and will be a key player in nurturing important stakeholder relationships in the community.
Reporting into the Membership Manager, you will drive local development and project lead the implementation of activities and pilot programs to attract new members, leaders, and support volunteers.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinate promotional/engagement activities and presentations at various community events and strategic public spaces
- Communicate appropriately at all levels and develop new and existing stakeholder relationships through networking
- Review and further develop resources to support Girl Guide Member and Volunteer recruitment and engagement and develop and support volunteer leadership opportunities
- Explore funding and grant opportunities in the Region to support Guiding activities
- Complete reports, data and document collation on completed projects
- Lead the implementation of activities to increase participation of diverse and emerging communities in Girl Guides
- Provide support and assistance to existing Guide Districts/Units in the Region.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- Previous experience working with children, young people, and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in community program development/engagement
- Demonstrated experience identifying and engaging new communities or stakeholders to suit program offerings
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
- A Current Class C driver’s license
- The ability to be flexible in terms of work hours (occasional weekend work), as well as local and state-wide travel
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde or Rhonda Newman at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Girl Guides NSW/ACT, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.