$75k including super
About the client
APCO is a co-regulatory, not for profit organisation partnering with government and industry to reduce the environmental impact of packaging in Australia.
APCO aims to change the culture of business through the promotion of sustainable packaging activities including sustainable design, recycling initiatives, waste to landfill reduction and circular economy projects.
About the role
APCO are searching for a forward thinking Project Coordinator to join the organisation to assist the Program Manager with the coordination of strategic sustainability projects in liaison with Member Services, Project and Government functions within APCO. This involves the coordination of consultants and monitoring progress databases against defined indicators.
You will be responsible for researching, implementing projects, writing tenders, collating the 2020 program list as well as showcasing stakeholder engagement. Industry experience including sustainability, waste or supply chain management is highly regarded as well as knowledge of a circular economy.
About the candidate
The role requires the selected candidate to demonstrate initiative to lead projects and think fast to deliver on strict deadlines. You must demonstrate a collaborative and flexible approach to work both autonomously and with a team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability and knowledge of a circular economy. An ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships and influence is highly regarded.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the delivery of APCO projects schedule alongside the Program Manager, including coordination of consultants and monitoring progress databases against defined indicators.
- Undertake general research relevant to APCO’s deliverable's to inform Working Group and project development.
- Support the assessment of project and initiative success against defined indicators and develop recommendations on operational improvements, policy review or development.
- Act as a contact and source of information for potential and existing partners and stakeholders.
- Maintain professional working relationships with members, regulators, industry representatives and special interest groups.
- Input and maintenance of APCO CRM to provide ongoing stakeholder insights and intel.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Access software.
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Proven end to end project management.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Can do attitude, problem solver and team member who is eager to learn.
- Strong understanding of sustainability principles and opportunities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.