Alcohol Beverages Australia (ABA) is the pan-industry highlighting the positive social, cultural and economic contribution of alcohol in Australia. ABA advocate and promote the rights of the industry and its 15 million Australian consumers by using a balanced and evidence-based approach to engage in public debates on policy issues, and lead the development of effective alcohol controls and regulation.
About the Role:
The Policy and Research Support Officer will provide crucial support to the Director of Policy & Government Affairs to ensure ABA achieve its policy and research goals. This position will monitor and analyse relevant research and data to create written material, policy reports and briefings.
You will also perform secretariat duties including dairy management, meeting coordination, paper preparation, agenda writing and minute taking for 2 committees, as well as other ad-hoc administrative duties to support the team.
This is a hands-on role, and offers a fantastic opportunity to be mentored by a highly regarded manager and experienced team. You will have fantastic exposure and optimal growth opportunities to support your personal development.
About the Candidate:
The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in research analysis and demonstrate strong written skills to draft communication that is both relevant and logical to the target audience. The organisation is a small team and so having a small business mentality is imperative. A background in health and the ability to understand scientific data is ideal.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform literature reviews, research and create summaries on complex issues and data concerning the alcohol sector to support industry policy positions and oppose arguments by opponents
- Prepare credible and persuasive arguments
- Assist the Director of Policy & Government Affairs with the analysis of government and regulator proposals
- Research issues and challenges that may have an impact on the alcohol sector
- Support in drafting information briefs – including draft recommendations
- Coordinate the Board and Executive committee meetings, prepare background notes, agenda papers, take minutes and distribute post meeting
- Assist with the preparation of materials on regulatory and other matters that need to be communicated proactively
- Assist with other ad-hoc administrative duties including diary and travel management for executive staff
This is a great opportunity to join an NFP organisation under the direction of a highly regarding manager. If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now!
Alternatively, contact Louise or Kristina on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.