The National Industry Association for Insurance Brokers in Australia (NIBA) is the peak body for insurance broking profession. The organisation is a driving force for change in the industry. It has supported financial services reforms, encouraged higher educational standards and introduced a strong, independently administered and monitored Insurance Brokers Code of Practice for members.
NIBA’s members include large multi-national insurance broking firms as well as small smaller insurance broking firms from the cities, towns and regions across Australia.
About the Role:
The Policy Research Analyst role is a newly created position designed to support the Chief Executive Officer in examining and analysing government and regulatory proposals, industry developments and other broader economic and social developments, that impact the industry.
About the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have strong interest in research analysis, preferably with a legal background. The individual must be flexible and open to bring forth ideas to enhance the role. The organisation is a small team and so having a small business mentality is imperative.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the CEO with the analysis of government and regulator proposals and seek legal advice or support where required;
- Research issues and challenges that may have an impact on insurance brokers and prepare information briefs – including draft recommendations
- Coordinate the work of the NIBA Regulatory Affairs Committee, and prepare any background notes, agenda papers, minutes of meetings and communications to Committee members;
- Recommend improvement and provide oversight of the operation of the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
- Develop strategies to promote the role and benefits of insurance brokers
- Assist the Communications Manager with the preparation of materials on regulatory and other matters that need to be communicated to NIBA members
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships