- Develop and maintain high-level knowledge of the New South Wales professional industry, industry regulation and government policy
- Ensure up-to-date, the forefront industry body, proactive and first to market on policy matters and legislative changes
- Analyse and assess new and emerging policy, program and legislative initiatives and changes from governments and other bodies for their impact on the real estate industry and from a compliance perspective
- Provide assistance with policy development including research of issues, canvassing and coordinating member input, commissioning external assistance, developing policy discussion and position papers, preparing submissions and attending meetings
- Assist to ensure that all real estate agency forms and agreements are compliant with government policy and legislation, and are regularly reviewed and enhanced with appropriate input from Chapter Committees and subject matter experts
- Develop and review articles and other content promoting the Associations policy positions
- Other duties as required by the General Counsel.
- Working closely with Senior Stakeholders and Association Members.
- Communication. Develops policy framework and briefs on complex issues, demonstrating a high level of knowledge and expertise.
- Influence and Negotiation. Gains agreement to proposals and ideas; builds behind-the scenes support for ideas to ensure buy-in and ownership; uses chains of indirect influence to achieve outcomes.
- Stakeholders and relationship focus. Establishes and maintains relationships with people at all levels; forges useful partnerships with people across government and industry; builds trust through consistent actions, values and communication
- Planning and organising. Ability and willingness to follow processes and procedures
- Initiative. Ability to identify opportunities and policy issues as and when they arise
- Law student - interest or knowledge in Real Estate favourable.
- Must be able to provide an example of writing and transcript.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply now. If you have any further questions please contact Jo Brown at Jo@beaumontpeople.com.au