Beaumont People are excited to partner with Survivors & Mates Support Network (SAMSN) who are a not-for-profit organisation that supports male survivors of child sexual abuse, along with their family and friends.
Join a passionate and experienced team who provide a trauma informed approach in its group work programs, individual support and counselling, community engagement and peer support.
This is an extremely exciting time to join the team following ongoing growth and development of crucial services and support team. Full time, permanent role with flexible location.
As Planned Support Worker, you will be responsible for;
- Being the first point of contact for survivors, supporters and providers who are seeking advice and support and referrals to other services along with intake assessment for the ongoing support program.
- Provide individual ongoing support and advocacy to survivors and where appropriate and their families
- Coordinating individuals ongoing participation for the organisations support workshops
- Where necessary and appropriate, conduct assessments of male survivors’ support needs e.g. housing, employment, financial concerns, career/education needs
- Attend interagency meetings and events as required
- Collaborate with key agencies such as NSW Victim Services, National Redress Scheme, knowmore and other statutory authorities to best provide trauma informed support to male survivors and their families
- Provide support and assistance to survivors seeking Redress under the National Redress Scheme
- A Tertiary qualification in related community or human services discipline
- Along with a minim of 3 years experience in a similar role where you have supported and worked with survivors of child sexual abuse, within a trauma informed framework practice
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and impact of child sexual abuse across the lifespan of a person.
- Excellent case management skills, with the ability to provide referral and linking up to services.
- Demonstrated experience where you have established and maintained strong and trusting relationships with individuals with complex needs, their families and other key stake holders.
- Unrestricted NSW driver's licence and be open to undertaking pre employment checks including WWCC and national police check
- Join a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment.
- Internal regular supported supervision
- Opportunities for grow and professional development.
- Attractive above award remuneration package