- This full-time permanent opportunity offers flexibility for occasional work from home
- Office locations in Inner West or South Eastern Sydney (parking on-site)
- This newly created role has come from significant growth – an exciting time to join this organisation
This national for-purpose organisation promotes independence for people with traumatic injury/other physical disabilities; they provide NDIS and other services to support and assist their clients to achieve their goals with improved independence. They are passionate about continually improving service offerings to provide maximum opportunity for those whose lives are affected by traumatic injury.
More about the role:
You will be the main point of contact for a small team providing Plan Management to NDIS clients and initially, this role will revolve around driving best practise service delivery in a time of growth.
- Work closely with Finance, understand the systems used and enhance service delivery/efficiencies wherever possible
- Monitor output of invoice claims, report on claiming volume and trends
- Ensure that all timelines are being met (such as payment timeframes, client expenditure reporting and budget updates)
- Manage the centralised ticketing system used to receive all invoices and queries.
- Support with general finance duties as need be, ex: accounts payable and reconciliation
- Assist with compliance processes/initiatives as well as audits
- Provide plan management services to NDIS participants in compliance with NDIS guidelines
- Lead a small team, facilitate training as needed and inspire excellence in every interaction
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Bookkeeping/accounting qualifications, with previous experience across general bookkeeping functions
- An interest in NDIS Plan Management, and an ability to work effectively with stakeholders from all backgrounds
- Be committed to driving delivery of high-quality service in a time of growth
- Strong leadership skills, be capable but also passionate about leading a team
- Commitment to excellent customer service, and experience in navigating complex scenarios with empathy and professionalism
- All successful candidates must have a Working with Children Check (or be willing to obtain) and will undergo a National Police Check
If you are a motivated self-starter who finds solutions and collaborates effectively, please apply through the “Apply Now” button, with your full resume – cover letters are welcome but not mandatory
Please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received. For more information, please contact Diana Linde at email@example.com.