- Darlinghurst, city location, close to Kings Cross station and other public transport
- Competitive salary packaging
- High performing team
About the Organisation
Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
The Philanthropy Officer role is a vital position, supporting the Philanthropy Manager in the retention, stewardship and acquisition of ‘Major Gift’ donors (generous individuals, families and trusts and foundations) as well as providing specialised support and customer care expertise to the overall Foundation.
The Philanthropy Officer is responsible for the one-to-one relationship management of a defined segment of major donors and the engagement and cultivation of prospects;
- Development and implementation of major donor personalised engagement plans
- Management and implementation of Garvan’s donor recognition program
- Facilitation of private tours and meetings
- Detailed prospect research and creation of prospect engagement plans
- Development of personalised, sophisticated and compelling written funding proposals and research progress reports
- Assisting with the delivery of exclusive retention and acquisition events
- Support to the Major Gifts team in providing excellent donor care and customer service.
Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising, Marketing and Communications, or Science viewed favourably.
- 3 plus years experience in a similar role; fundraising, philanthropy, major gifts and or relationship management.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrates good judgement in decision making
- Demonstrated expertise in their area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (able to translate complex scientific and health detail into persuasive lay language
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.