- Darlinghurst, close to Kings Cross station and other public transport
- Competitive salary packaging
- High performing team
About the Organisation
Garvan Research Foundation is the marketing and fundraising arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and provides financial support to the Institute's medical research programs.
The fundraising activities allow Garvan's scientists to continue contributing to knowledge which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better disease management, new therapies and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
This Philanthropy Coordinator supports the Major Giving team in the delivery of the major gifts strategic goals and budget forecasts.
The Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for the administration for the team, assisting in the stewardship and engagement of major donor relationships and the acquisition of new major donors.
- Maintenance of accurate donor records and profiles on the database
- Management and maintenance of the donor recognition program
- Help coordinate mail outs and communication on behalf of the Major Gifts Team including personalised thank you letters and thank you calls
- Assistance in the facilitation of private tours, meetings and high value retention and acquisition events
- Coordination and implementation of major donor content management and updates
- Coordination and development of personalised engagement to donors
- Conduct extensive research and develop detailed donor prospect profiles
- Conduct research and identify opportunities for the acquisition of new Trust & Foundation support
- Provide administration support and assist the Major Gifts team in their requests
- Provide general support to the Foundation as needed including assistance with donor calls, seminars and other Foundation events.
Skills & Attributes
- Success in building relationships, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising, Marketing and Communications, Journalism or Science viewed favourably but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role, fundraising, events or communications experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent administration, database and computer skills, including Raisers Edge will be highly regarded
- High levels of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and within a team
- Impeccable attention to detail/high level of accuracy
- Experience managing a busy workload and an enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.