- Available immediately, 12-month contract – part time, 4 days
- Based in Sydney CBD, close to multiple transit options
- Join a collaborative/supportive Finance team in a respected NFP
About the Organisation
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (‘the Foundation’) is an independent charity with Deductible Gift Recipient status as a Health Promotion Charity. We raise funds to ensure extraordinary healthcare is available to every child and their family every day. We also aim to keep children fit, happy, safe and well through health promotion and advocacy. We believe all children deserve the best possible care from expert practitioners who have access to the latest technology and whose knowledge is enriched by cutting-edge research.
Reporting into the Finance and Risk Manager, the Payroll Officer is responsible for administering the Foundation’s payroll, as well as assisting the Finance team and People and Culture Manager in other areas of Finance and Human Resource administration.
- Timely and accurate processing of end-to-end payroll including salary packaging, leave management and superannuation, ensuring that worked hours/leave balances are accurate
- Interpret awards to ensure they are correctly applied, and that staff remuneration and entitlements are correct
- Provide payroll reports for management and support month end, reporting and auditing requirements across the finance team
- Support AP/AR through processing payments in conjunction with other team members
- Provide project-based assistance and assist with new system implementation
- Reply to inquiries regarding staff wages, salary and leave
- Provide administrative support as needed to the People and Culture Manager to maintain accurate employee records
- Previous experience in a stand-alone payroll officer role, be comfortable in end to end payroll processing
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheets and database software (ideally Sage MicrOpay)
- Be able to assist with modern award interpretation as related to payroll
- Strong time management; be able to cope with competing priorities and maintain a high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, be able to provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders in a prompt and professional manner
- Display initiative and the ability to bring a creative approach to problem solving
This is a chance to join a community of like-minded individuals doing amazing things for sick children. Join a supportive workplace, with access to professional development opportunities, as well as attractive NFP salary packaging options; and offering benefits such as flexible working options, discounted gym membership and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume.
If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at email@example.com. There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation, therefore all queries must be directed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People.