This role would suit a commercially driven salesperson looking to transition into this sector or someone coming out of a philanthropy role either within major donor fundraising or trusts and foundations etc.
- Create, develop and lead a strategic major gifts program
- CBD location, great transport links
- Great work-life balance, part-time role, working 3/4days a week
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the organisation’s major gifts strategy covering individuals and trusts.
- Establish and develop relationships with donors, create personalised communication to engage supporters and generate income.
- Carry out community market mapping and prospect research to contribute to proposals and donor engagement strategies.
- Work with the organisation’s outreach team to develop a major donor and trust and foundations prospect pipeline.
- Utilise the organisation’s amazing community support programs, such as homeless, addiction, loneliness to engage with donors and develop a meaningful relationship.
- Build relationships with influential people and negotiate a successful outcome.
- Agree and manage the major gift's budget and provide timely tracking and reporting.
- Look at the bequest program, managing the confirmed bequest cohort, develop engagement events and ensure continuing stewardship of bequestors.
Skills & Attributes
- A tertiary qualification in fundraising, marketing, communications or similar.
- Previous experience as an effective relationship manager, within fundraising, marketing, events, or a commercial background that has successfully raised funds.
- Success undertaking prospect research and generating income.
- A track record working closely with internal and external stakeholders and negotiating a successful outcome.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- An understanding of the NFP sector and the ability to undertake activities in line with the organisation’s values.
Rosheen Singh. Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.