The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is an innovative, forward-thinking not-for-profit organisation that champions community radio by building stations’ capability and by creative a healthy environment for the sector to thrive.
About the Role:
CBAA searching for a Part Time Finance Assistant to support their finance team in the day to day financial activities. You must enjoy working with numbers, and be comfortable to work autonomously and in a team.
- Administration of Accounts Payable and Receivable activities
- Adhere and comply with established principles set out within Accounting Procedures and Risk Policy
- Assist Finance team in the preparation of monthly reports and general ledger activities including BAS, statutory schedules and reconciliation
- Support the process of fortnightly payroll and payment of superannuation
- Work with internal and external bodies to consult on financial matters concerning the organisation
- Online accounting system experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting principles, processes and current accounting systems and software
- Strong attention to detail and results focused
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Highly organised and methodical
- Strong ability to prioritise workload, multitask and meet deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills & knowledge
- Ideally experience within the Not-for-Profit sector or membership-based organisations
- Applicable Finance or Accounting qualification / background or experience.
- Experience working in a NFP organisation
- Knowledge of Xero
Apply today for an immediate start!