- Join a respected and thriving not for profit organisation – Stryder
- Competitive salary package and fantastic team culture
- Full-time permanent role – available due to internal promotion
About the Organisation
Stryder is a well-respected for-purpose community transport provider that has been providing essential community transport services for more than thirty years. Their vision is to inspire the community by connecting everyone in Ryde, Hunters Hill and beyond. With a dedicated team of employees and volunteers and a specialised fleet of vehicles, they provide a range of connective services to those most in need.
Stryder is ‘Going places’ – they have ambitious targets and are well on their way to achieving their goal of becoming a primary transport provider in the sector.
About the Role
The Operations Manager reports into the General Manager and will act as the 2IC within the organisation - in addition to managing all Stryder transport services, they will be a key player in shaping future strategy as well as implementing it.
- Identify strategic opportunities, develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and actively contribute as a member of the leadership team
- Lead and manage the transport operation functions and client services team comprised of 40 loyal employees and volunteers
- Promote and maintain a professional workplace culture, ensure all employees/volunteers are supported to perform their best
- Preparation of driver rosters, ensuring efficient scheduling while maintaining appropriate driver/vehicle-to-client matching to provide best client care and support
- Ensure all vehicles in the fleet meet legislative requirements in maintenance, registration, HVIS and for passengers comply with vehicle safety requirements and Transport for NSW (TfNSW) contractual obligations
- Ensure compliance with Bus Operator Accreditation Standards and achieve BOAS accreditation for the organisation
- Act as HSR officer and chair the WHS sub-committee
The successful candidate will have a collaborative working style and will be willing to obtain (or already have) BOAS certification. Those who have an LR License and TfNSW Driver Authority would be highly regarded.
- Leadership and business management experience and the ability think on your feet in a changing and small business environment
- High level communication skills and strong relationship management skills
- Experience within the community transport or not for profit sector
- Knowledge of the aged care, home care and/or disability sector and an understanding of legislative and statutory compliance in those industries
- Current National Criminal History Check and WWWC
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your experience and reason for your application along with your full resume, addressed to Diana Linde. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply now.
If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received. Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of Stryder, therefore all queries must be directed to Diana Linde at Beaumont People