- Join a collaborative and passionate small team in a not for profit – Hear For You.
- Get to be hands on in a role that supports teens who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Located in Macquarie Park – parking on site! WFH/Remote work from elsewhere in Australia can be considered
Hear For You (HFY) is a one-of-a-kind not for profit organisation (and now a registered NDIS provider), that was founded in 2008 and is based in Sydney. It was founded by deaf people, for deaf people.
Providing workshops and the only dedicated mentoring program of its kind in Australia to inspire deaf and hard of hearing teens reach their full potential, Hear For You has touched the lives of 500 teenagers and counting.
About the role
Reporting into the CEO, this role coordinates the current online deaf/hard of hearing programs for teens from 11-18 years old.
A typical day in the role could involve:
- Preparation of the online workshops schedule in advance; including the types of workshops, dates, and arrangements
- Manage and oversee the online programs, as well as evaluating and obtaining feedback
- Assist with recruitment, selection, training and management of the casual and volunteer mentors
- Ensure Youth Mental Health outreach pathways with youth mental health providers are available – ensure clear pathways for information are present for deaf and hard of hearing teenagers
- Work closely with the CEO to present a project plan and budget for workshops and programs, provide updates and reporting as needed
- Prepare pricing, invoices, track expenses and costs as it pertains to the online workshops/programs
A can-do attitude and ability to hit the ground running, able to be hands-on but work to the bigger picture. Thrive in a changing environment, be able to manage your time and competing priorities.
- Previous experience in a similar role, coordinating workshops/projects/programs in the NFP sector is a must have
- Experience – lived or otherwise, with deafness or hearing loss is ideal
- Hold or be willing to complete a WWC – a National Police Check Clearance will be conducted as well
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong communication skills – ability to liaise with stakeholders of various backgrounds
- Intermediate - advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite – tech savviness is key in this role
To be considered for this position please apply now with your resume and a written cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the role.
If you have any further questions, please contact Diana Linde at email@example.com.
There is no closing date for this role, please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received.