- Provide a range of evidence based assessments and interventions for individuals with developmental and other disabilities (all age groups).
- Providing assessments for clients regarding their sensory processing, functional abilities, physical assistance required and environmental adjustments.
- Assessing, recommending and prescribing custom wheelchairs and seating to clients in relation to their functional ability.
- Assessing, recommending and prescribing pressure care equipment, transfer aids, bathroom aids and minor ADL equipment to clients.
- Participating in the design and adapting of equipment to meet individual needs when this is not commercially available and referring to other agencies for fabrication.
- Provide training on new equipment, and assessing new equipment on delivery to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for use.
- Developing independent living goals with clients and complete skills training programs to meet their goals.
- Facilitating training for clients and staff on relevant topics as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:-
- Be a registered occupational therapist with at least 3 years experience working with adults or children.
- An interest in Positive Behaviour Support would be highly regarded.
- Experience managing and prioritising strategic and operational responsibilities.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Have well developed computer literacy, skills in the Microsoft Office suite and internet.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel within the Sydney Metro Area.
- Have a valid WWCC and willingness to undertake a national police check as part of the reemployment checks.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Sadie Kelly. Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9093 4911