- Based in the CBD close to public transport links
- Opportunity to be located either in Sydney or Melbourne
- Competitive remuneration on offer
The National Operations Manager is responsible for successfully delivering end to end operations of the program across all locations including; Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. This position covers the entire student life-cycle as well as managing frameworks for processes and standards, compliance and more.
- Lead and engage a national team and ensure consistency of processes and procedures across all locations
- Consistently work to innovate programs, and leverage feedback tools to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in driving the brand and image enhancing that it is the organisation of choice within the industry, whilst also identifying, managing and mitigating risk across the organisation
- Manage all operational aspects of the end to end student life cycle experience and develop processes and systems across all organisations to ensure efficiency
- Monitor and ensure that all targets and reporting timelines are met across the wider company. Oversee database systems, analyse reporting data and prepare accurate reports
- Ensure that facility space is used appropriately, and the space is optimised and ensure future planning to avoid facing challenges
- Extensive and relevant experience in management and administration of a growing business, and formal qualifications in management, business, or related areas
- Has the ability to anticipate business needs and is proactive in taking actions to achieve business goals and act to achieve goals beyond what is required
- A strength in implementing continuous improvement, business innovation and can adapt well in a fast-changing environment
- Extensive experience with end to end change management in complex environments within the Australian market
- Experience in managing a wider team and process strong leadership skills in people and processes
- Displays strong initiative, discretion and judgment and the utmost ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong time management, organisation and the ability to think laterally, under pressure and meet deadlines. The ability to create and support a performance driven culture
- Strong interpersonal skills within diverse cultures and be able to role model behaviour and value driven expectations of the organisation
There is flexibility for this position to be based in Sydney or Melbourne. Interstate travel will also be required every 4-6 weeks.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work for a established education provider that has experienced growth year on year and are well known leaders within the market
- Opportunity to join this successful business during a time of transformational change